Pousada Minha Louca PaixãoAddress: Third Beach, Morro de Sao Paulo view map
Pousada Minha Louca Paixão combines the rustic and refined styles in a very particular way. Located in front of the Third Beach, it offers cosy ambiance and comfort. The special details make the difference to choose this hotel, specially for those seeking comfort and elegance near the sea.
The accommodations have names of herbs and are situated among fruit trees and a pond with carp. This pousada has paid services such as relaxing massages, yoga classes, Capoeira and other aerobic activities.
In the restaurant, situated on the beachfront, breakfast and for lunch menus include a diverse cuisine.
Minha Louca Paixão also has a newly built pool, overlooking the sea, with sun loungers and a bar.
In every detail of the Pousada Minha Louca Paixão, it is possible to realize good taste, kindness and the good care of the owner, the Portuguese Sofia Fernandes. No wonder the pousada is called "Minha Louca Paixão" (My Crazy Passion). The name justifies Sofia's story in Morro de Sao Paulo. "It was love at first sight," explained the businesswoman.
The first time Sofia has been to Morro de Sao Paulo was on one of her vacations, 15 years ago. She got completely enchanted for the island that she was used to say, for fun, she would buy a house. One year later, Sofia returned to Morro and, for her surprise, one of those nice summer houses, in front of the Third Beach were for sale. She did not think twice! She bought the house and started to work. In the beginning there were only four rooms, a few years later increased to 9, then 17 and today the pousada counts on 24 rooms and is one of the most charming and comfortable accommodations in the island.
Sofia is not alone in this endeavor, counting with her cousin Mafalda, who also came from Portugal to work in the pousada. Sofia is married and has three kids, and the youngest is only 1 year and 8 months (the older ones live in Portugal). She is graduated in Marketing and Advertising before becoming manager of the pousada.
Sofia lives in the pousada and spends almost all the time working there. However, even though the few free time, she also gives attention to her baby and enjoys the beautiful beaches in the region. Once in a year she travels to her country, where she stays for three months with family. With all the attention and cordiality, Sofia is more than a businesswoman, she is a perfect hostess. She knows how to please and receive guests very well.
Main area of focus in Caring for the Destination:
The Pousada Minha Louca Paixão is one of the accommodations in Morro de São Paulo that is most concerned about sustainable actions.
Detailed description of the Caring for the Destination Initiative:
The Pousada Minha Louca Paixão develops many actions related to sustainability, such as:
- A system for rainwater collection - The pousada possesses a 30.000L reservoir, which collects all the rainwater in an eaves' system. Besides that, they also have a cistern, and do their own water treatment for both the rainwater and the cistern water. Together with the works for the health club, it is also creating a new water reservoir, with capacity for about 15.600L.
- The Solar Panels - The pousada Minha Louca Paixão uses a Solar Panel system to heat the water
- The recycling of cooking oil - Their restaurant is stocking all the cooking oil in order to donate to collectors companies who recycle it.
- The use of dispensers for liquid soap and body oil - All rooms have dispensers in the en suite bathroom, which avoid the waist of those normal amenities and the waste produced by its paper/ plastic packaging.
- Energy Saving System - The pousada Minha Louca Paixão uses "energy-saving cards" in all rooms, which avoid that equipments and lights keeps turned on when guests are absent.